Mozart's Great Mass in C minor
Sunday, March 30, 2014 at 2:00 pm
200 University Street
Seattle, WA 98101
Northwest Associated Arts has again invited the Sammamish Symphony to take part in a special appearance at Benaroya Hall in Seattle. The Great Mass in C Minor by Mozart is his most accomplished religious work. Composed in 1783, after a vow made to his father to write a sacred piece, its rich choral range, dramatic style, and beautiful airs for the soloists make it one of the monuments of the Classical era.
Youth Concerto CompetitionThe Sammamish Symphony has annonced the winners of it's 2014 Youth Concerto Competition. You can also view the results from prior years.
The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra is looking for volunteers for its May 17, 2014 annual fundraising event! The event is tentatively a wine tasting and silent auction.
We are in need of committee members to help with:
- event planning and invitations
- event advertising
- venue decoration
- help the night of the event
This is a fun event and a great way to get involved with the ever-growing Sammamish Symphony!
Please contact Miranda Thorpe for more information.
On this day, March 10th
- Dudley Buck, American composer, in 1839.
- Chen Gang, Chinese composer, in 1935.
- Arthur Honegger, Swiss-French composer, in 1892.
- Muzio Clementi, Italian-English composer, in 1832.
- Carl Reinecke, German composer, in 1910.